- Join Community
- Post to Community
- Gift Paid Account
|Name:||Cotton Candy Bingo|
|Posting Access:||All Members, Moderated|
|Community description:||A fluffy multifandom + nonfandom bingo challenge|
Cotton Candy Bingo!The warm and fuzzy bingo!
Round Two Schedule
February 1, 2014 - July 1, 2014
- Sign-Ups: February 1, 2014 - June 1, 2014
- Requesting additional cards ends: June 21, 2014
- Round Two Ends: July 1, 2014
- Amnesty: July 2, 2014 - December 31, 2014
RulesWe're a pretty low-pressure, free-spirited bunch here, and we allow a wide range of things to be posted as fills, but we do have some rules:
- Above all, be nice to each other. The internet community is filled with a diverse range of people. Be polite, be kind. This is meant to be a safe, happy space for people to play. Out of respect for other users, please try to refrain from swearing (profanity in work titles is okay) or using NSFW icons within the community. Attacking another user over anything—talent level, fandom choice, pairing choice, kinks, religious beliefs, gender, sexuality, race, disabilities, anything—will not be tolerated under any circumstances and will result in a permanent ban from the community. We don't want to have to ban anyone—and, thankfully, we haven't had to do so in the past—but we will do so if necessary.
Do not make it necessary. Be nice.
- Before signing up, please read the rules and the FAQ, review the length requirements for your creative works, review the bingo diagrams and scoring page, and check out the list of prompts. Before posting, check out the posting template. Familiarizing yourself with what you're getting into makes life easier for everyone involved.
- All fandoms are allowed. All pairings are allowed. Original works are allowed. Gen, het, slash, femslash, threesomes, moresomes, etc. are all allowed. Art is allowed. Vids, podfics, poems, reclists, baked goods, crafts, multimedia projects, or, heck, even things like lolcats are allowed. If you've got an idea that fits your prompt that isn't one of the more traditional kinds of challenge fills, you're welcome to use it. Get creative! We love that! :D
This round, works in all languages will be allowed, as long as your headers are written in English and you are still meeting the challenge requirements. As we are not fluent in any languages besides English, we'll be using the honor system for these works. If there are any disputes over whether someone has met the requirements, we will judge each one on a case-by-case basis.
- You are allowed to sign up as an individual or as a team—or both! However, if you sign up as a team, all members must collaborate on each prompt you fill on your card.
- We have a lengthy list of prompts for Round Two, so you are allowed to veto either certain kinds of prompts (e.g. kidfic, excessive fluff, or hurt/comfort) or up to ten individual prompts, for any reason.
If you need to veto more than this, please PM or email us before requesting your card, and we'll gladly do our best to accommodate you.
- All prompts on your card are open to your interpretation. "Baby/Child" could refer to an actual child, a term of endearment, someone's project that they think of as their baby, or something else. "Feet" could refer to the body part or the unit of measurement. Maybe your character hates "Bows/Frills/Lace," maybe that "Itch" is metaphorical, maybe that "Key to heart" is a literal key. And prompts about love can focus on love for family, love for a friend, love for a romantic partner, or something else. It's all up to you.
- Even though this is a fluff-centric bingo, we do allow angst, as long as there is a fluff element and a (not-necessarily-permanent) happy ending. We want to ensure that this community is a safe space, so if your work happens to contain any of the following, you must mention it in your content notes: Character death, extreme angst, graphic violence, rape/non-con, dub-con, incest, underage (younger than 18) sexual activity, or commonly triggering themes or content.
If you are typically a choose-not-to-warn creator, and your work contains one of these things, either clearly state that you Choose Not To Warn or, preferably, use the highlight-to-view-warnings code listed in the posting template.
We also highly recommend that you mention any contents that are common dislikes or squicks, though that is not necessarily required. Good idea to do it anyway, though. :)
- To achieve a bingo, you must produce works that fulfill the length requirements for at least five consecutive prompts in a row. As long as your work meets the length requirements, you can fill each prompt in any fandom or form that you wish.
In a change from Round One, we have decided to allow individual chapters in multi-chapter works to count for individual prompt fills as well, instead of only allowing the entire work to count as one fill. As long as each chapter (or each part of a multimedia work) meets the minimum length requirement on its own, it counts as a fill.
- You cannot use previously-posted works to fill one of your prompts. No podfic you recorded and shared months ago (though the story you record can be any age), no years-old icon set, no WIP updates, etc. You may, however, create sequels, prequels, or companions to previously-posted works, as long as they're new and stand alone, or use old stuff you made but have never shared.
- As long as you mention that your work is also for Cotton Candy Bingo, and as long as the people in charge of the other challenge allow it, you may use your Cotton Candy Bingo work for another challenge.
- You will not be posting your works directly to the community. Instead, you will be posting them elsewhere, and then linking to them on here when you've achieved a bingo or an extra. You may post it on any site you choose, as long as it is unlocked and remains unlocked until the end of amnesty, and as long as the version you link to in your post on cottoncandy_bingo is complete. Upload it anywhere you want, share it with anyone you want, give people previews—it's yours. Do whatever you'd like with it.
Once you are ready for posting, use the following posting template when you are making your post.
- When you submit a post, it will not immediately appear on the Cotton Candy Bingo community. Instead, it will go into the moderation queue, where it will either be approved or rejected—hopefully approved.
Reasons for rejecting a post: Not fulfilling the minimum length requirements on one of your fills, not fulfilling the requirements for a bingo, extremely broken HTML coding, hardcoding font and background colors in your post, not including the required summarizing information in our posting template, not including the minimum Required Tags (!round:#:bingo, !round:#:blackout, etc.; let us know ASAP if you have trouble tagging your post or if you forget your tags), not including necessary warnings or not stating that you Choose Not To Warn, spam, making a promo post without permission, or breaking Rule 1, a.k.a. the Don't Be A Jerk Rule.
- If you have any questions or suggestions, please send us a PM or contact us by email.
- Have fun!
Rules | FAQ | Prompts List | Bingos and Extras - Scoring | Posting Template
Promo Banners | AO3 Collection | cottoncndybingo | CottonCndyBingo
\o/, acting, anime, art, art prompts, baking, bingo, bingo challenges, books, cake, candy, candy floss, cats, challenges, color, colour, cookies, cooking, cotton candy, crack, crackfic, crafting, crafts, cupcakes, dogs, drawing, emoticons, essays, f/f, f/m, fan art, fan mixes, fanart, fandom, fanfic, fanfiction, fanmixes, fanvids, femmeslash, femslash, fic, filk, fluff, fluffiness, friends, friendships, gen, glitter, graphic novels, graphics, h/c, happiness, happy things, hearts, het, humor, humour, hurt/comfort, icons, idfic, kidfic, kink, knitting, lolcats, love, m/f, m/m, manga, manips, meta, mixes, movies, multifandom, novels, original fic, original fiction, ot3s, otps, painting, pan-fandom, panfandom, pets, photography, picspams, podfic, poetry, polyamory, polyfic, porn, prompts, rainbows, reading, real person fiction, rec lists, recipes, recs, romance, romances, rpf, rps, sap, sappiness, schmoop, schmoopiness, sewing, sex, sickfic, silliness, slash, smiles, sparkles, sprinkles, sugar, television, unicorns, vidding, videos, vids, waff, writing, writing challenges, writing prompts, ♥
191615311, adalger, afullmargin, aimedatthestars, akatsuki210, akatsuki210.livejournal.com, alafaye, alatefeline, alcesverdes, ambersweet, amor_remanet, anaraine, anassa_anemou, anastasisrick, angelqueen04, angelus2hot, anontfwriter, anothercrazymom, arashijun, arduinna, argylepiratewd, arianne_maya, arytra, ashesandghostff, astralis, astrels, astrodive, astrophrenia, au_is_best, augustscribe, aviv_b_artwork, axmetalxheart, aythia.livejournal.com, badass_tiger, badly_knitted, baron_saturday, bay_alexison, bees_stories, bellamortis, bellemelody, bellflower, beloniika, blackrose_17, bleedxxlikexxme, board_walk, bonnefois, bookbug, booksomewench, boomersoonerliz, boredorboard, boudour.livejournal.com, bridgetmkennitt, brightblueink, bring_me_sugar, broadbeam, bunney, bwblack, caitriona_3, candyflosskillr, cappuccettorosso, carnivorousgiraffe, carriemac, casey270, cashewowl, catty_the_spy, ceares, celtic7irish, cesare, chamilet, charlielame, chasm, cherokee62, chez_amanda, chibichan, chibifukurou, cirque, cleverboot, concinnity, cosignmylove, cottoncandybackup, cottoncandymods, countingscars, craterdweller, crazycatt71, credoimprobus, crisanne7, crunchysunrises, czi, dagas_isa, dahlia_moon, darkalicelilith, darkmoore, deird1, deirdre_aithne, denyce, dephigravity, destielisbest, destielrules, dhamphir, dome, don_ricci, down, dreams_in_color, dreamwriters, dunderklumpen, edellin, edenfalling, eerian_sadow, eiluned, elaiel, electric_butterfly, elizabeth_rice, elle_blessing, emmatheslayer, enchanted_jae, ennedepaix-fics.livejournal.com, estelendur, euphoricsound, evandar, evelyncarver, evelyncarver.livejournal.com, faerielissa, falkner, fastidious, feline_scribe, fizzyblogic, flamebyrd, fleete, flipflop_diva, florahart, fluffybun, flyingthesky, foobar137, fuzzybooks, gamma_orionis, garnetmantle, gina_pinky, girlingoldboots, glamnation, gollykeeper, goxyourxownxway, graycardinal, graychalk, green_gold_fan, green_rain, grimm_for_life, guiltypleasuresads, hamimi_fk, hanakoanime, hanelissar, hardcorz, hariboo_smirks, hbingo, healingmirth, hecklin, helens78, hellkitty, helsinkibaby, heslestor, hobbiting, hpfangirl71, hyperconformist, i_amthecosmos, iantojjackh, iavalir, inoru_no_hoshi, insignia, intertangled, isabelquinn, issenllo, itwasbeforemytime, iwanttomorrow, izzy, jaice, jalu2, jenab, jenbug, jesseofthenorth, jeweledvixen, joelcain10, jordannamorgan, josie, juliet316, kadma, kagayakashi, kalloway, kamitsuki, katemacetak, kathierif_fic, killaurey, kiseki04.livejournal.com, kisuru, kitty_fic, klutzygirl, knowmefirst, kradambomb, kyjr, lady_katana4544, ladyj107, ladyjamielynne, ladymercury_10, ladyofleithian, ladyoneill, lareina_2013, laurenjane1990, laurus_nobilis, lavendre, lavode, lazulisong, lbilover, leia_solo, leish, leonhart29, lescafenix, licklesoxy, lilly_c, lionessvalenti, lionxxhearted, lisaroquin, looneyngilo2, loosenarrative, lovepeaceohana, loves_anodyne, lucifuge5, lunarbug, luxken27, m3rmaids.livejournal.com, macdye, machka, majoline, makiyakinabe, mapless_journey, marishna, medie, megans_writing, melodyunity, melsheartsthings, meretia, meridian_rose, metallikirk, midnightgds, midorisakura, mihnn, mirabilelectu, misheard, misslucyjane, misspinkman, mistressteacup, misura, mizface, mmouse15, moon_catcher, moonie, mooresomore, moriann, motorcityxlove, moushkas, msraven, mtxref_fic, musekicker, mutedbyfear, mycrazyvalentine, nan, ncisvu, ndnickerson, nightbirds_call, nimhat, nina_in_technicolor, ninemoons42, nonisland, obiskus, okmewriting, olorisstra, onlysmallwings, orangegreenlove, orions_bane, oskalaboska, outlineofash, ozqueen, parametre, paranoidangel, pari, passionista23, pastelfalcon, patchcat, patriciatepes, paynesgrey, peaceful_sands, pegs223, peppermintspotts, perfectworry, peridot2012, pigfarts, pineappleducks, pinkmonkeybird, pippnfrodo, primitiveradiogoddess, primreceded, princessofbevelle, pseudonymph, purinjiken, pyroblaze18, qafmaniac, quaint_camera, quickreaver, ragingrainbow, raininshadows, rasberr, raze, redxvelvetxcar, rheasilvia, riri, riverlight, robling_t, roguearabesque, rolly_chan, rosehiptea, rustydragonfly, rydain, sakurasunicorn, samecgh, sammyphoenix, samuraiter, sannin, sara_wolf, sarajayechan, saralynn, schwa, scifisentai, seagull2eagle, seliria, selori, serpentine, sexycazzy, shadowcat, shakespearesgirl, shakexitxout, shamera, shanaqui, sharpeningthebones, sheepchase, shellacker, shelovesitwhen, sheryden, shinkirou_hana, siberian_skys, sidhe_faerie, sidhera, silverau, silverflight8, silverr, skye_writer, slapdashchef, slightlytookish, somariel, somethingsalwayswrong, sootyowl, spacebird, sparrow015, spikedluv, spiritanderson, starrys42, stevie, still_lycoris, stille, straightforwardly, suicix, sunt, supertights, surexit, suzume, svgurl, synner23, syntheid, takerzmuse, talkingtothesky, tatoeba, tayah, tbt93, team_allen, teceler, tellherthis, tellherthis683, thebonesofferalletters, thecarrieshow, theruinedcastle, thesecondbatgirl, thestraychild, thetidebreaks, thexmadxwriter, thraceadams, threedices, timelordshines, tommyboybbi, topaz119, totally4ryo, tour_treasure, tptigger, trapfanatics, twopunch, umadoshi, unavee, undying_melodyx174, unsettledink, vampireinside, vegetasbubble, vexed_wench, vongroovy, waldo, weepingnaiad, who_la_hoop, wickedlittletown, wildandfreehearts, windout, wintergrey, wolfshark, words_unravel, wordwitch, xirena, xxwriterslifexx, yaoifreakbeat74, yokainomiko, ysabetwordsmith, zilentdreamer, zippitgood, zlabya, ztina, zvi